db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Not tracking snapshots in JIRA past a release (was Re: could someone add 10.2.1.7 to jira?)
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:19:40 GMT
I've added 10.2.1.7 to JIRA. It makes sense to have it now because
that's the version that sysinfo reports.

However, I don't think it makes sense to track snapshots past a
release boundary. Problems should be reported against either latest
versions, or official releases. It has been useful in the past to
compare snapshots so I think tracking snapshots between releases has
some merit.

Currently, there are some versions from old snapshot versions hanging
around in JIRA. They currently don't appear because they have been
'archived'. However, because they're still around, they appear as the
value for the Fix In and Affects fields in JIRA, but you cannot search
on them.

This is a bad thing, as some bugs are now unreachable in JIRA queries
because you cannot specify the correct value for the version in their
Fix In.

So, I think the plan going forward should be to merge the snapshot
versions up to the release version once the release has occurred. I'll
update the snapshot-and-release instructions to reflect this.

andrew