db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem deploying release jars to maven
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:01:16 GMT

> I would appreciate some guidance about how to recover from this problem.
> Should I manually sftp the jars to that directory? Is there some
> diagnostic information I can get from maven which will explain why it is
> failing silently?

No, you need maven to generate the checksum and pom files that should
be deployed alongside the jars.

Make sure that you uncomment the maven.repo.list=apache line in the
project.properties, so that maven picks up the list of properties for
the repo to deploy to from the 'maven.repo.apache.*' lines that follow
it. For a list of what the appropriate values for those lines are,
consult this document:

http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/artifact/properties.html

And don't miss the list of available protocols here:

http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/artifact/protocols.html

scpexe was the only protocol for deployment that worked for me. You
need to pick one that works for your machine and which you can also
connect to the apache machine, which basically means sftp, scp, or
scpexe.

andrew