db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test count dropping?
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:35:25 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:

> In this new JUnit world, with tests that cleverly enable and disable
> themselves based on environment, configuration, etc., how does a
> developer inspect the JUnit run to verify that the desired set of
> tests actually did get run?

One can use a test runner that shows which tests are run, passed, failed
etc., such as the swing tester from JUnit or the test runner built into
Eclipse (right click, Run as Junit on a test class).

Ant has a mechanism to run tests and produce an HTML report, I hope
eventually that there will be ant targets to run the derby tests.
(I thought I'd entered a Jira issue for this, but can't find it).

There is lots of functionality around JUnit that is out there, by
standardizing our tests on JUnit we can take advantage of any or all of it.

Thanks,
Dan.