db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Test count dropping?
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:24:30 GMT
>> Did a number of tests recently get removed from derbyall?
>
> Most of the JUnit tests have been removed from derbyall. See
> DERBY-1952. To run the JUnit tests, you now need to invoke a JUnit
> test runner directly, for instance:
>
> java junit.textui.TestRunner \
>      org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All

Thanks Knut Anders, that makes perfect sense.

I tried running those tests, and indeed they seem to work in my environment.
At least, my system whirs and hums for a while and ........ gets printed
and then OK.

I guess I was feeling a little insecure because I didn't get the
"traditional" results like derbyall_pass.txt, etc.

In this new JUnit world, with tests that cleverly enable and disable
themselves based on environment, configuration, etc., how does a
developer inspect the JUnit run to verify that the desired set of
tests actually did get run?

thanks,

bryan