db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Jira-email problem?
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:09:48 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>> So ... some things are disrupted and I'm assuming the Jira email is part
>> of the people.a.o outage.
>

> Thanks Jean!
>
> I do notice a couple things that concern me:
>
> 1) I'm subscribed to a couple other apache.org developers lists for
> other projects, and at least one of those projects uses Jira and
> that project is getting email from Jira sent to its developer list
> without any apparent problems. So whatever is wrong it doesn't seem
> to affect *every* project using Jira.
>
> 2) I see that the "issues with available patches" daily mail from
> Jira is coming through just fine to derby-dev.
>
> 3) Automated commit mail is coming through just fine, although I
> imagine that comes from a completely different mechanism than Jira mail.
>
> So, I guess I'm a little concerned that there is a derby-specific
> problem with Jira email.

yeah, this is weird. Brian, Do you have time to work this issue through
infra?  As a committer you can subscribe to infrastructure@apache.org
and you can also /join #asfinfra on freenode.net. The current topic on
#asfinfra is "ETA for mino: morning PDT 10/25", so hopes are high.
("mino" == minotaur, which is the machine that died yesterday.)

I'd suggest waiting, however, until the new mino is up, the #asfinfra
topic and http://monitoring.apache.org/status/ reflects that happy
state, and the mail queue has cleared of apache.org posts.

 -jean