db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: svn commit: r467522 - /db/derby/code/trunk/BUILDING.txt
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:12:37 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On 10/24/06, davidvc@apache.org <davidvc@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: davidvc
[...]
>> Modified:
[...]

>> +(1) JUnit is needed for some of Derby's tests. Download a JUnit 3.8.1
>> +    from
>> +
>> +      http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/junit/junit3.8.1.zip?download
>> +
>> +    Note that http://junit.org only has the latest version of JUnit
>> +    which may not work until we fix the Derby build to accomodate
>> +    the 1.5 extensions to java.
[...]
> I thought it had been decided 3.8.2 was also ok / preferred?
> Myrna

Well, we've not detected any problems with 3.8.2, and it has way better String
"diffs" than 3.8.1. The direct download link to 3.8.2 is

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/junit/junit3.8.2.zip?download

as noted on the DerbyJUnitTesting wiki page
(http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJUnitTesting).

The JUnit web site could use some improvements, that's for sure. I guess we
could include the 3.8.2 download link in BUIDLING.txt as well as the one to
3.8.1, and say "Download JUnit 3.8.x", as before...

--
John