db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Issues with Forrest/Derby Web site (Was: Re: Proposal - Doc Process Improvements)
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:54:18 GMT
Laura Stewart wrote:
> The Derby instructions mention several editors, which I don't have.
> Do you recommend one over the other?
> Is it okay (albeit not ideal) to edit the XML in wordpad or notepad?
> Or will this cause problems?

Edit it using the tool you like the most, but avoid any editor that will
add formatting characters.

Save as "Text Document" in notepad -- but it doesn't seem to have other
options.

If you use wordpad be sure to explicitly save as a "Text Document" -- I
spot there's also a choice for "Text Document - MS-DOS Format". Does
anyone know what the difference is?

I use vi. I'm already an admitted dinosaur.

 -jean