db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Issues with Forrest/Derby Web site (Was: Re: Proposal - Doc Process Improvements)
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:20:17 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

Another clarifying note ...

> There's a one-to-one correspondence between a source file and the target.
>
> After checking out the derby web site source on your local system, this
> is the file that explains dita processing:
>
>    src/documentation/content/xdocs/manuals/dita.xml
>
> I'm using it as an example because I know you happen to be interested in
> improving it :-) . The static processed (or "skinned" file, in
> forrest-speak) is here:
>
>    build/site/manuals/dita.html

Here's the location of that page on the web site:

    http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/dita.html

I updated the information in the page below to hopefully make it easier
to understand which files in a physical subdirectory, such as "manuals"
in the svn repo, might show up on which tab ("Documentation") on the
derby site:
 http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/derby_web.html#3.+Modify+files+in+the+src+tree

I say "might show up" because after the web site reorg this last year
there's no longer a one-to-one correspondence between physical
subdirectories on the machine hosting the web site and the web site tabs
themselves.

 -jean