db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [testing]-run a test in different mode leads to different result
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:30:02 GMT
Sean Qiu wrote:
> I wonder whether there exits any tests that need testing in both mode?

Yes, there are. For example, there are tests listed in
suites/derbynetmats.runall that are also listed in suites/derbylang.runall.
Hence, these tests will run in all three frameworks during a derbyall run
(unless they are listed in some .exclude file).

Currently I don't think we expect tests to run in other frameworks/modes than
what is used during a derbyall run (again, JUnit tests are different).

Generally speaking, we would like to be able to run tests in as many frameworks
as possible, but that's not the case with the current non-JUnit tests. However,
the recent efforts made on JUnit-based testing seem to go in that direction.

There is another wiki page describing which tests would run (standalone) in
which frameworks at some point in time (2006-03-24), on a specific platform.
This may give you a hint on which tests should (not) fail in a specific framework:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/StandaloneStatus

> 2006/10/18, John Embretsen <John.Embretsen@sun.com
> <mailto:John.Embretsen@sun.com> >:
>
>     Sean Qiu wrote:
>      > After running the suite of derbyall, i want to recur each single test
>      > from the derbyall_fail.txt
>      > But when i run it in different test mode, like
>      > spesifying the -Dframework=DerbynetClient, it will produce different
>      > results.
>      > It may fail in one mode while pass in another mode.
>      >
>      > So my question is how could i konw which mode is the request one?
>
>     It is a bit tricky to figure out in which frameworks a particular
>     test will or
>     should run. There is a wiki page with some further details, please
>     take a look:
>
>     http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TestingFrameworks

[...]

--