db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Issues with Forrest/Derby Web site (Was: Re: Proposal - Doc Process Improvements)
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:46:13 GMT
Laura Stewart wrote:
> A couple of followup questions.
>
> I should run "forrest seed" in another directory, but in the same
> path? or in an entirely new path?

I suggest that you create a new subdirectory, cd into that subdirectory,
then run 'forrest seed'. I tend to hang onto the seeded directory for a
while because it provides examples of how to do things in forrest.

> The env variables... are they user or system variables. I would like
> to set them permanently instead of having to run the batch file (which
> by the way worked great !).

It's your choice to set the variables in a batch file or update them
permanently in your Windows system.

I updated
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/derby_web.html#Create+a+Forrest+seed+site

and added a link to the forrest install instructions at
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#installing

The forrest instructions show how to add environment variables in
Windows 2000 and XP.

I hope that helps,

 -jean