db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Network server start up time - why 50+ seconds sometimes?
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:13:42 GMT

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> I'm running the JUnit test suite All using Junit test runners with
> several tests that use the NetworkServerTestSetup to start and stop the
> server. The server is started and stopped around five times. With a
> timeout wait of 60 seconds for the server to start I see one or two
> failures due to the server not starting in time. Looking more closely I
> see that either the server starts in less than 200ms or that it takes
> 50+ seconds.
I have not done any investigation but I did wonder if this might
be an OS problem with reclaiming the resource associated with
the fixed port number that is used.  It might be interesting to
run a repeated startup/shutdown test with different port numbers
and see if the same wait time problem exists.  Since people have
not been complaining I have assumed this may be a windows issues,
and maybe even a firewall on windows issue.