db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [junit] Naming TestSuite objects
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:58:46 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Kristian Waagan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think it would be a nice habit to give the TestSuite objects
>> reasonable names. It makes the test hierarchy look better in the GUI
>> runners.
>>
>> A generic/descriptive name could also be added to the suites created
>> by methods in TestConfiguration.
>
> +1 to both, I never knew how those names were used, now it makes sense
> to give them names.

I added DERBY-1971 for improving TestConfiguration.
I consider an ongoing effort to be initiated to name suites in our
existing JUnit tests :)

The most straight-forward approach would be that the developer gives
name to the suite, but there are other ways as well. For instance,
TestConfiguration could probably force the name to be set to the name of
the class from which the suite is created (won't work for all scenarios
of course).

As long as the name is more descriptive than TestSuite@76A61F, I'm
happier...

--