db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Some JUnit tests now split out from old harness and do not run as part of derbyall
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:39:22 GMT
As discussed and recorded in DERBY-1952 I have split some of the JUnit
tests out so that they are *no longer* run under the old test harness
and hence are *not* part of derbyall. (on the trunk).

A top-level JUnit test (suite) exists that runs all the tests that were
removed from derbyall, the test's name is:

org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All

JUnit tests will continue to be added so that they run under this All
test and thus be removed from the old harness.

Instructions on how to run this Junit test are in
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJUnitTesting

with notes on the configuration setup and how to write suite() methods
in http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJunitTestConfiguration

I've been updating the wiki so that I think it is up to date with the
latest changes.

I would encourage those that regularly run nightly or other testing to
add this JUnit test into their framework. I'm sure there will be some
issues getting it running on all the platforms but they should be easy
to work through.

There is more work to be done for some of the tests in All so that they
also run in the client server by themselves, and I'm working on it for
the tests in tests.jdbcapi.

I'm also planning on laying out some form of a plan or work items that
would move us completely over to JUnit.

Dan.
PS. The current runtime for this suite is a few minutes.