db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject CLA and ICLA policy clarified
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:31:32 GMT
Last week at ApacheCon, I attended most of Cliff Schmidt's sessions on
intellectual property issues. Cliff is the ASF's vice president for
legal affairs. Cliff clarified that ICLAs are only needed for
committers. Similarly, a company's CLA only needs to cover its
committers. According to Cliff, we don't need ICLA/CLA coverage for
contributors who aren't committers.

It seems to me that Derby's policy is stricter than this. As I recall,
we require ICLA/CLA coverage for all contributors, regardless of whether
they are committers. Why is Derby's policy stricter than general ASF policy?

View raw message