db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: sample announcement for 10.2.1.6
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:59:36 GMT
David Van Couvering wrote:

> Hi, Rick.  This looks good.  For some reason I noticed this :), but
> you didn't mention that client messages are now internationalized.
> That may be important to some folks...
>
> David

Hi David,

This is what I was trying to capture in the 5th bullet under JDBC.
Should I re-word this?

* JDBC
  o The network driver now supports statement timeouts.
  o Large object streaming has been improved in the network driver.
  o The FOR UPDATE clause is no longer required when declaring an
updatable ResultSet.
  o Scrollable, updatable, insensitive ResultSets are now supported.
  o Network client messages have been internationalized.
  o Source-only JDBC 4 drivers are included, based on a proposed final draft
    of JSR-221 and beta build 99 of Java SE 6.