db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject release endgame
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 21:21:47 GMT
It looks like we're going to approve a 10.2 release soon. I have a
couple questions about the release endgame which follows a positive vote:

1) Do I need the PMC's approval before posting the release to the Apache
mirrors?

2) Step (9) at http://www.apache.org/dev/mirror-step-by-step.html warns
against using symbolic links in mirrored directories. But step (17) at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease seems to indicate
that we do use symbolic links on our mirrored directory. Furthermore,
symbolic links are required by the instructions at
http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/mirror.html. I'm confused.

3) More about symbolic links. The instructions make a distinction
between the distribution zips and their signatures. I'm told to link the
zips but not the signatures (see
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-download-pages.html). However, step
(17) at http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease shows us
creating symbolic links for both the zips and the signatures. Again, I'm
confused.

Would appreciate your advice here.

Thanks,
-Rick