db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: testing gotcha: placement of DerbyTesting.jar in 10.2.1.6
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 15:25:37 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The distribution has a ../lib and a ../test directory. If I try to run
>> the tests by setting up my CLASSPATH to point to via these, many tests
>> fail (symptom: resource not found). If I move the ../test jars
>> (derbyTesting.jar + oro) over to ../lib, the tests run successfully.
>>
>> Has anybody else noted this? A caveat would seem in order.
>> Is this a security manager issue or something else?
>
> I thought I had fixed this with DERBY-1791

> I ran a couple of quick tests against 10.2.1.6 last night using the jars
> as they are laid out and they passed. Will run a full suite today.

Running more tests I see the same resource issue.

I don't think it's a show stopper for 10.2, but it would be good to fix
it eventually so that it's really easy for users to run the tests on
their own platform out of a release, with minimal setup. Ideally
something as simple as

java -jar test/derbyTesting.jar

Dan.