db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.2.1.6 release
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 14:24:31 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> I have posted a new release candidate, 10.2.1.6
[...]
> Given this limited delta from the previous candidate, I would like to
> call a quick vote on 10.2.1.6 and close the polls at 5:00 pm San
> Francisco time, this Thursday, October 5.
[...]

Vote: +1

I have downloaded the -src distribution and built sane jars from it,
with JDBC4 enabled, worked fine. I also verified the MD5 checksums on
the -src, -lib and -bin .tar.gz archives.

I ran derbyall (using the above mentioned src-build) on Solaris 10 x86
using JDK 6 (rc build 100) and saw 13 failures. 12 of these are reported
in a comment to DERBY-1547 (minor test issues). The upgrade test also
failed, because I had not specified where to find the old jars.

I have run a long-running test against the previous RC (10.2.1.5), as
reported in a previous posting to the list, and have not seen any new
issues.

I say go for release.

--
John