db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject JDBC4-laden release
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 18:03:44 GMT
While 10.2.1.6 cooks, I'd like to start a discussion about the follow-on
release which will expose our JDBC4 drivers after Java SE 6 goes GA. In
the interests of quickly vetting the follow-on release, I propose that
we spin it as a bugfix release cut from the living, growing end of the
10.2 branch. I realize it's unorthodox to expose a big feature in a
bugfix release, but this approach seems simple and quick. If the
community agrees, I volunteer to produce this follow-on release.

I would appreciate your thoughts about this proposal.

Thanks,
-Rick