db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject [VOTE] release
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 16:42:54 GMT
I have posted a new release candidate,, which addresses the
structural problems with the previous candidate. Special thanks to
Andrew for helping sand this one down. You may find at:

In addition to the structural problems, this candidate sweeps up the
following bug fixes:

DERBY-1858 (A schema can be dropped by a non-schema owner in SQL
authorization mode)

DERBY-1866 (Assert failure in sane mode for queries that used to work in

DERBY-1891 (error 58009.C.19 refers to non-existent codepoint secktn -
needs correcting)

DERBY-1900 (The scripts under the /bin of the distribution does not have
the executable permission)

Given this limited delta from the previous candidate, I would like to
call a quick vote on and close the polls at 5:00 pm San
Francisco time, this Thursday, October 5. Please let me know if you need
more time to test the new candidate.

Thanks to everyone for all the work you have put into finding flaws in
the previous candidate.

View raw message