db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Options for syncing of log to disk
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 06:49:08 GMT
Mike Matrigali <mikem_app@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> This seems like an important performance issue for the platforms
> you note (solaris and freebsd).  Prior to opensource performance
> work concentrated on windows and linux, so there definitely may
> be work to do on other platforms.
>
> I actually don't even know if
> we have ever run a set of tests on freebsd. I wonder if anyone in
> the comunity has tried out the 10.2 beta on feebsd?  Just the
> results of a nightly test run would be interesting.

I frequently run derbyall on FreeBSD 6.1. With Diablo JDK 1.5.0-7
(native JDK built on J2SE 5.0 update release 7), the upgrade test
fails to boot the database because of a FileNotFoundException (but the
error message says "file exists"). All other tests pass. With JDK 1.6
running under Linux binary compatibility mode, all of the tests pass.

--
Knut Anders