db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: could someone add a 10.2.1.5 as options to appropriate jira fields
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:44:56 GMT
Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM> writes:

> Thanks, Knut Anders. Now I understand the question. Right now I
> recommend not checking anything into the 10.2 branch unless you think
> it's really important. I would like to stabilize this branch now that
> we're cutting release candidates. Once we vet the release, then we can
>
> If you have to check something into the 10.2 branch, then I recommend
> the following approach:
>
> 1) Mark the JIRA as fixed in 10.2.2.
>
> 2) If I have to spin another release candidate, then I will change all
> the "fixed in 10.2.2" to "fixed in 10.2.1" and add these JIRAs to the
> bug-fix section of the release notes.
>
> Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks, Rick. This sounds reasonable to me. I checked in a fix for
DERBY-1751 earlier today and marked it as fixed in 10.2.2. Although it
wasn't very important (only a test fix), I thought it would be good to
have it in the 10.2 branch to avoid some noise in the tests if there
is a second RC. Hope I didn't destabilize the branch too much...

--
Knut Anders