db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: q re XA transactions and test checkDataSource
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:17:11 GMT
Hi Myrna,

I spent some time on this and found that the global transaction started on
line 471 in checkDataSource.java ends up having locks on table ru when it
does select from ru.

Those locks are not getting released because the global transaction is never
finished with a commit/rollback. You can release these locks by committing
the global transaction after line 531, using xar2.commit(xid, true);

The drop table after the global transaction commit should work fine. I had
following after the global transaction commit and didn't get any locking
errors for it.
  sruState.executeUpdate("drop table ru");

Hope this helps,
Mamta