db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about GRANT and SYSDEPENDS
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:32:35 GMT
Hi Bryan,

Maybe someone with more knowledge of dependency manager can provide more
information but I think the reason we are handling views through dependency
system is that there might be other objects(say another view, prepared
statement) dependent on that view and they all need to be notified of the
view invalidation. As for the trigger, there can't be any other object that
can depend on that trigger and hence we can bypass the dependency system and
go straight to DropTableConstantAction code.

Mamta