db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wikipage SQLvsDerbyFeatures & 10.2 grant/revoke
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 06:03:39 GMT
Brent,

Thanks for thinking of this page from grant revoke point of view. Majority
of the info suggested by you is correct with following comments.
Derby does support
E081-07 REFERENCES privilege at the column level
T281 SELECT privilege with column granularity

I have updated the page as per my knowledge for grant revoke.

Some things to note
1)I left E081 Basic Privileges as No because Derby does not support all the
subitems under it. So, based on the assumption that no for any of the
subitems mean no for the parent item, I have left E081 Basic Privileges to
No. If someone disagrees, please bring that up here.

2)Also, there are 3 Jira issues open for revoke statement (DERBY-1631,
DERBY-1632 and DERBY-1782) which need to be fixed for revoke statement to be
SQL compliant. I have recorded these 3 Jira entries on
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/SQLvsDerbyFeatures by noting them against
F034 Extended REVOKE statement.

thanks,
Mamta