db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject running checkDataSource Client - remote server
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 00:53:39 GMT
Hi,

I've been trying to run the test(s) checkDataSource(30).java against a
remote server.
Before the addition of the testClientDSConnectionAttributes() method
(svn revision 438122,
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=438122) this used to
work (mostly). However, now I get connection refused errors:
---------
DataSource - EMPTY
  getConnection() - 08001:java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting
to server localhost on port 1527 with message Connection refused:
connect.
---
vs. expected:
--
DataSource - EMPTY
  getConnection() - 08001:Required Derby DataSource property

This looks at first glance like a permissions problem, but I don't
think it is, for some reason the test is trying to make a connection
to a server on the local machine, at least, it's whining about the
localhost.

However, I can't figure out why it's doing that. Can someone help me
get past my block?

Thx,
Myrna