db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: test/lib split in distribution - WAS Re: Running a Derby JUnit test using JUnit directly
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 05:38:11 GMT
> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>
> > On 9/1/06, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org> wrote:

[snip]
> > Now that we know of the problem, I have to say I prefer the jumble
> > approach, especially when the need arises to run on a number of
> > different machines.
>
> Why? Just trying to understand why you prefer it, you say you do but
> provide no reason why. :-) Kind of like a veto with no reason!

Apologies, I didn't imply to veto anything. I like the jumble of
course because of habit, but I find it convenient and logical when
having to run derbyall on a number of rarely used machines, to have
all derby*.jar of a specific version and jars in one dir, one level
deep, with a nice breezy dir name like '102b1'. Also when using
scripts and copying jars around it's just easy to use the derby*.jar.
It's really no big deal though.

[snip]