db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running a Derby JUnit test using JUnit directly
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:44:49 GMT
> Vemund Ostgaard wrote:
>
> > For the jobs doing nightly testing on the 10.2 branch we did a short
> > term workaround by copying derbyTesting.jar to its old location, to
> > avoid other changes. So, thats why it hasn't failed in those tests.
>
> It's good to report such problems, not just work-around them. That way
> others get to know and the issue can be fixed quicker.
>
> Or maybe I missed the e-mail discussing this?
> Dan.

This is a good catch - I had just continued my practice from earlier
versions to copy all derby*.jar files to one location and set my own
classpath, I never thought about verifying with the split set-up.

I think the harness/policyfile should work either way...

Now that we know of the problem, I have to say I prefer the jumble
approach, especially when the need arises to run on a number of
different machines.

Myrna