db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Laura Stewart" <scotsmat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.2 plans (was Re: 10.2 licensing issue)
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:19:42 GMT

> In both cases the current state of the 10.2 branch is left unchanged wrt
> JDBC 4.0, ie. no removal of JDBC 4.0 from code or documentation.
>
> Dan.

If either of these approaches are used, the doc issue needs to be
handled carefully.  The JDBC 4.0 information will be in the
documentation.  Even if a statement is put into the Release Notes
about this, it is very likely that a user (or 2) will miss the
statement about JDBC 4.0 in the Release Notes and run into some
problems.

Something should also be posted on the Web Pages for Derby as well.

I am not entirely comfortable with leaving a feature in the
documentation that is not being delivered.

If the docs are left as is, then I would prefer a feature release 10.3
when we formally support JDBC 4.0.

--
Laura Stewart