db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Laura Stewart" <scotsmat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [doc] Doc builders - remove your DITA toolkit directory after 'svn up'
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 16:21:42 GMT
On 9/7/06, Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/7/06, Laura Stewart <scotsmatrix@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Andrew -
> > I want to ber certain that I understand what needs to be done here.
> > I have the DITA toolkit (unzipped) as a directory (DITA-OT1.1.2.1) in
> > the paths where I work on each JIRA issue, for example:
> > C:\Authoring\Derby\Derby1223\docs\trunk\DITA-OT1.1.2.1.
> >
> > I have the zipped copy of the toolkit at C:\Authoring\Derby.
> > Are you saying that I need to remove the directory (example in the
> > previous paragraph) and that when I unzip the toolkit it will
> > automatically pick up your changes,,, or do I need to get a new copy
> > of the zip file from the Derby docs web page?
>
> Remove the unzipped copy, i.e. remove the entire directory
> C:\Authoring\Derby\Derby1223\docs\trunk\DITA-OT1.1.2.1.
>
> If you keep a copy of the DITA zip file in the lib directory of your
> doc tree checkout, at
> C:\Authoring\Derby\Derby1223\docs\trunk\lib\DITA-OT1.1.2.1_bin-ASL.zip,
> then Ant will expand that zip file back into
> C:\Authoring\Derby\Derby1223\docs\trunk\DITA-OT1.1.2.1 and apply the
> changes that I made the next time you run a doc build.
>
> andrew

Andrew -
What I do to work on doc issues is slightly different than what you describe.
I have the zip file at
C:\Authoring\Derby

When I unzipped it, I unzipped it into a specific issue that I was
working on, for example:
C:\Authoring\Derby\Derby1397\trunk\DITA-OT1.1.2.1

And ever since, I have been copying the DITA-OT1.1.2.1 directory from
one issue to ithe trunk directory for another new ssue that I work on.

So for the current issues that I am working on, such as Derby1223,
what do I need to do?

--
Laura Stewart