db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepa Remesh" <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Errors when running JUnit suite directly
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:58:50 GMT
On 9/13/06, John Embretsen <John.Embretsen@sun.com> wrote:
> Deepa Remesh wrote:
>
> > Thanks Kristian for trying this. I have not seen a mention of these
> > OutOfMemoryErrors in any other thread. They seem to be happening only
> > when running the entire suite of JUnit tests standalone. Running the
> > JUnit tests as part of test harness does not have any problems.
>
> Could it be because the old harness normally spawns a new JVM per test,
> contrary to a pure JUnit environment, where leftovers from some tests
> may eventually cause an OOME since all tests are run in the same JVM?

This seems like the probable cause. I have opened
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1845 for this.

There was another case of out of memory error in jdbcapi junit suite
when run under derbynetclientmats which was solved by cleaning up test
objects after each test-
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1701. I thinking cleaning
up the jdbc objects in the test becomes more important as all tests
get run in same jvm.

Thanks,
Deepa