db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sneak preview of 10.2.1.6 available
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2006 06:44:38 GMT
> I've posted a preliminary version of 10.2.1.6 so that the structure
> experts can find remaining problems with the organization of the release
> zips. I will refresh this with a `corrected version after the experts
> report back. The sneak preview can be seen at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.2.1.6/

Just curious, did you happen to pick up the change for DERBY-1900
before building the sneak preview? The permissions on the bin dir
don't have the execute bit in the -bin zip.

Really getting down to nits with this one:

* in -bin, pt_BR HTML Books show up in subdirs per manual in the
docs/html/pt_BR directory. e.g.
docs/html/pt_BR/adminguide/pt_BR/adminguide-single.html. This is a
problem with the doc build for the pt_BR HTML Books. Checked in fix to
trunk with 451546 and 10.2 doc branch with 451547. *NOTE* be sure to
remove the out directory in your doc tree before rebuilding the docs
after picking up this change or the old files in the incorrect
locations will be left hanging around in their incorrect locations.

* in -src, in the dir java/demo/toursdb, toursdb.xml and
toursdb_readme.html are missing. Fix checked in to trunk with revision
451458 and 10.2 with revision 451549.

* DERBY-1652 long form release note has incorrect capitalization
towards the end: "cREATE". Fix checked in with revision 451549.

I did a thorough scan, and that's all I can find. Decided to just go
ahead and fix the problems I found while I was at it. Thanks for the
chance to review this in advance of our real - and hopefully final -
candidate!

Also, it looks like we have three JIRAs that look like they might be
last-minute candidates for inclusion for 10.2:

* DERBY-1683, doc update concerning locks and isolation levels.
* DERBY-1858, already in the trunk, just needs to be merged to the 10.2 branch.
* DERBY-1873, derby1873_3.diff, numerous doc updates to the devguide
thanks to Laura and Sunitha.

cheers,
andrew