db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.2.1.5 status
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:35:36 GMT
> First the good news:
>
> 1) So far,  no one has found any showstopping runtime problems with the
> product itself.

Yay!

> Would it be useful to do the following:
>
> A) Post a new release candidate but don't call a vote yet. Just let the
> existing vote continue.
>
> B) Ask the structure experts to scrutinize the new candidate carefully.
>
> C) Call a new vote only after the structure experts are satisfied.

I think enough changes have accumulated that we may need a 10.2.1.6.
Just removing junit.jar was a small enough change that I felt
rerolling all the distributions from scratch wouldn't be needed, now
I'm not so sure. So how about:

* roll a 10.2.1.5-and-a-half, we get today and the rest of the weekend
to poke at the new structure and such.

* Merge the two or three recent doc changes that have gone in since
10.2.1.5 that haven't already been merged over. I can take care of
that today, since I committed them to trunk.

* Monday, roll 10.2.1.6. Call for a 3-day vote closes 5pm PDT. Should
be fine, since the difference between 10.2.1.5 and 10.2.1.6 code-wise
is very minimal and shouldn't need extensive testing, more of just a
sanity check.

sound good?

andrew