db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [VOTE] 10.2.1.5 release
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:20:23 GMT
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I missed your follow-up mail describing problems with the release notes.
> Could you re-post it?

Hi,

Sorry, just hadn't sent it yet as i was giving it one last scan.

* I think "As in previous releases, 10.2.1.5 functionality includes:"
could just be "10.2.1.5 functionality includes:" since GRANT/REVOKE is
in the list underneath, and wasn't in previous releases.

* The note about building the JDBC 4 source from the -src distribution
is gone, replaced with a link to the wiki, and there's no wiki page
that I can see that describes how to build the JDBC 4 bits from the
source on the wiki or use the scripts in tools/jdbc4.

* DERBY-690 in the new features has an extra ! before ResultSet

* DERBY-31, 100, 117, 400, 515, and 597 are really new
features/improvements but show up in the bugs list.

* long from release note for DERBY-668, SOLUTION looks truncated.

* DERBY-822 long form "Location where errors occur *in an* embedded
environment *from a network client environment*"

* Link to PerformanceDiagnosisTips in DERBY-1357 long form would be
nice, not a big deal though.

That's all I could find. Thanks for waiting for my tardy review and
for taking the time to address all the issues.

What's your plan now for updating, regenerating, recutting the distributions?

andrew