db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.2.1.5 release
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 00:21:46 GMT
> I have abandoned my first, flawed build of the 10.2 release. Thanks to
> Dan, Jean, Andrew, and Knut Anders for finding the initial defects. I
> have re-spun a new build, 10.2.1.5, which hopefully addresses all of the
> issues (except for the spurious derby.logs which Jean found in the
> source distributions). This candidate passed a sanity run of the
> derbyall regression tests. You may find the 10.2.1.5 release candidate here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.2.1.5/
>
> Please download this candidate, test it, and vote on whether you can
> accept it as a Derby release. I would like to close the vote at 5:00 pm
> San Francisco time on Wednesday October 4, 2006. Please let me know if
> you think we need to extend the vote to allow more testing.

I have verified all of the PGP signatures and MD5s. (btw, I have a
simple script for this if anybody wants it)

I ran the platform tests on Mac OS X 10.4.7 with Apple's JDK 1.5, and
Linux 2.6 x86_64 with Sun JDK 1.5 and IBM 1.5 and no unexpected issues
were encountered.

The paths of the test jars inside the lib-debug jar were messed up,
with the test jars going into a top level 'db-derby-10.2.1.5-bin' dir
instead of -lib-debug. I checked in a fix to trunk with 451065 and
451066. It's pretty ugly, but this could also be fixed by hand and
resigned if you so desired, and ultimately, this is not so bad I would
give the whole release a -1.

However, the source distribution is missing the top-level bin and
maven directories, as well as BUILDING.txt, README, index.html, and
published-api-overview.html. The tools directory is missing
release/build.xml, while tools/testing/derby contains a complete set
of the Derby 10.1 jars.

I'll enter the problems with the -src distribution as a JIRA. I really
think these should be cleaned up before we release.

andrew