db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject junit.jar can't be included without src NOTICE (was Re: OK to ship junit.jar?)
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 07:39:28 GMT
On 9/24/06, Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hatlen@sun.com> wrote:

> > Andrew McIntyre commented on DERBY-1846:
> >
> > The jdbc4 classes depend on junit, which we are not able to ship.
>
> The source distribution contains junit.jar. Is that a problem?

Excellent question. The policy for Apache projects as of this moment
is contained here:

http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html

JUnit is CPL 1.0, so must be included in binary form only, and
*appropriately labeled*:
http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html#labeling-reciprocity

Since the NOTICE file for 10.1.2.5 does not point to the relevant
source distribution of JUnit that is included, there is a problem with
our -src distribution. Either junit.jar must be excluded from the -src
distribution, or the appropriate notice must be included in NOTICE.

Thanks, Knut, for pointing out this problem.

andrew