db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: almost ready to build the 10.2 release candidate
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:34:14 GMT
> I think that we've wrapped up all of the outstanding issues except one:
>
> 1) Finish the scripts for injecting optional JDBC4 support into the 10.2
> jarballs.
>
> Andrew is bravely leading the charge here. He needs our help to test the
> scripts on Solaris and Linux. Please pitch in if you can.

Yes, thanks Rick and John for the assistance in testing so far. I'll
commit a couple of small changes and I'm set up to test on a Linux box
now, so hopefully I can knock off any issues I see there today.

> Please let us know if we need to do something else before building the
> release. Otherwise, I plan to generate a release candidate as soon as
> (1) is done.

DERBY-1854 has been positively identified as a regression. Suresh has
assigned himself and produced a patch (thanks, Suresh!), so hopefully
that patch will be reviewed and go into the trunk and 10.2 before the
release (and 10.1 and 10.0 at some point as well).

I have some suggestions for the release notes as well, which I'll post
as a patch to DERBY-1860.

andrew