db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release candidate imminent
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:16:15 GMT

> 2) I'm not clear on where we stand on the new scripts for building
> add-on JDBC4 support. When this work finishes, the Release Notes will
> need to mention these scripts. Andrew, can you shed some light on this?

I stil need to test them more throughly, but they should work as follows:

* download the -bin and -src distributions and unzip them
* set DERBY_HOME to the location where you have unzipped the -bin distribution
* set JAVA_HOME to the location of a JDK 1.6 JVM.
* cd into the tools/jdbc4 directory where you unzipped the -src distribution
* run the update-with-jdbc4 script (or batch file on Windows), and the
jars in $DERBY_HOME/lib will be updated with the necessary JDBC 4
classes.

See also DERBY-1846: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1846

I'd appreciate it if someone could help test the scripts or assist
with documentation.

> 3) Anything else?

JIRA still shows 98 open issues assigned to 10.2.1.0. If a release is
really imminent, can we start punting issues that don't need to be
fixed in 10.2.1.0 out to other releases, starting with the 61
unassigned issues?

I'm tempted to just select all the unassigned issues and punt them to
10.2.2, but perhaps a review of the issues is in order, in case any of
the issues deserve specific mention in the release notes or
documentation.

andrew