db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: jira report question
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:18:36 GMT

> Thanks, Andrew. Can you explain some more about what the above url
> represents?

It's all issues marked Resolved and/or Closed with a Fix In of
10.2.1.0. You can navigate to that page by clicking the 'Release
Notes' button on the front page and then choosing the appropriate
options on the next page.

Since the release page is HTML, it's convenient to use the HTML
JIRA-generated release notes to make the section on the Derby release
page with the list of JIRA issues fixed, as the resulting HTML needs
minimal rework to insert into the release notes page.

> I need to prune out a lot of these issues:
>
> o Some of them are internal issues which end-users don't need to see.
> E.g., code cleanup.

Just remove the corresponding lines from the JIRA generated release
notes. If you're searching for brevity, looking at the JIRA generated
page, all of the miscellaneous JDBC4 'new features', of which there
look to be about 16, could be removed and only   "[DERBY-587] -
Providing JDBC 4.0 support for derby" left in the release notes.

I don't include the Task or Test sections.

> o Some of them were also fixed in 10.1.3.1 so we don't want to see them

If they really shouldn't be marked Fix In 10.2.1.0, it is better to
update the Fix In for the issue to not have 10.2.1.0 as one of the Fix
In versions so the data in JIRA is correct. Then just regenerate the
JIRA release notes.

andrew