db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Release Notes
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:20:39 GMT
> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>
> > I hope I am not hijacking this thread but I have a question about the
> > release notes.
> > The practice of marking multiple fix versions in Jira means that the
> > Jira release notes for 10.2 also include all of  issues that are fixed
> > in 10.2 and previous releases.  For example if an issue was marked fixed
> > in 10.1.3.1 and 10.2  it shows up in the 10.2 release notes, but really
> > should not.
>
> I assuming the issues you are refering to were fixed in the trunk after
> the 10.1 branch creation and were also fixed in the 10.1 branch.
>
> Can you explain why they should not show up in the 10.2 release notes? I
> guess that assumption confuses me.

Agreed. To clarify with an example, if a user was upgrading from
10.0.2.1 to 10.2.1.x, shouldn't an item that was fixed in 10.2 and
then backported to 10.1 still be in the release notes for 10.2? I
think users who skipped the 10.1 release would still be interested in
seeing that an issue was fixed in the release they are upgrading to.

andrew