db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject [doc] Doc builders - remove your DITA toolkit directory after 'svn up'
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 06:06:38 GMT
I just checked in two fixes, for DERBY-408 and DERBY-1805, to the HTML
Book and PDF generation that involved modifying files from the DITA
toolkit. In order to pick up these changes in your build, please
remove your expanded copy of the DITA toolkit from your source tree.
The new changes will then be applied to a freshly expanded copy of the
toolkit from the DITA zip file in your lib directory.

With the fixes for DERBY-408 and DERBY-1805, the syntax diagrams in
the tools and reference manuals are now correctly formatted, tables
are numbered sequentially, and all of the internal links in the
manuals should now work correctly. These fixes should enhance the
usability and readability of our documentation.

These changes will be reflected in tomorrow night's doc build, and
viewable at http://db.apache.org/derby/docs around midnight PST. I
would really appreciate it if someone could click around the docs and
verify that all the links are now working correctly. All of the ones
I've tested do seem to be working, but I haven't had time to verify a
large cross-section of all the internal links.

At some point I intend to track down why Ant cannot identify that the
files involved in these updates from subversion need copying to the
DITA toolkit directory, but that's an issue for another day...

andrew