db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.2.1.5 status
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:32:31 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>
>> On 9/29/06, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
>>
>>> First the good news:
>>>
>>> 1) So far,  no one has found any showstopping runtime problems with the
>>> product itself.
>>

>> Yay!
>>
>>> Would it be useful to do the following:
>>>
>>> A) Post a new release candidate but don't call a vote yet. Just let the
>>> existing vote continue.
>>>
>>> B) Ask the structure experts to scrutinize the new candidate carefully.
>>>
>>> C) Call a new vote only after the structure experts are satisfied.
>>

>> I think enough changes have accumulated that we may need a 10.2.1.6.
>> Just removing junit.jar was a small enough change that I felt
>> rerolling all the distributions from scratch wouldn't be needed, now
>> I'm not so sure. So how about:
>>
>> * roll a 10.2.1.5-and-a-half, we get today and the rest of the weekend
>> to poke at the new structure and such.
>>
>> * Merge the two or three recent doc changes that have gone in since
>> 10.2.1.5 that haven't already been merged over. I can take care of
>> that today, since I committed them to trunk.
>>
>> * Monday, roll 10.2.1.6. Call for a 3-day vote closes 5pm PDT. Should
>> be fine, since the difference between 10.2.1.5 and 10.2.1.6 code-wise
>> is very minimal and shouldn't need extensive testing, more of just a
>> sanity check.
>>
>> sound good?
>>
>> andrew
>

> Thanks, Andrew. I'm happy with this solution.
>
> Regards,
> -Rick

Hi Rick,

Will DERBY-1900 be also addressed in 10.2.1.6 ? This  will avoid users to
manually change permissions  on the scripts before running them.

In the thread
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Questions-on-the-scripts-in--bin-directory-of-Derby-install-p6272490.html

Andrew had a question about which platform are these distributions built
on, maybe the solution
to DERBY-1900 lies there.

-Rajesh