db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Optimizer work/issues/discussions....
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:31:50 GMT
After my dealings with the various optimizer changes over the past many months
and especially with the queries attached to DERBY-1777, I've filed one bug
(DERBY-1905), one improvement (DERBY-1907), and two "tasks" (DERBY-1906 and
DERBY-1908) for the Derby optimizer.  The Jira entries are in general pretty
vague and I'll be the first to admit that I don't really know what the
resolutions should be, but I think now is a good time to start some discussion
around the various issues in the current Derby optimizer as I see them (this is
all just based on my own opinion; people should feel free to differ).

Not surprisingly, the issues are quite inter-related, but I tried to separate
out the major components insofar as they made sense in my head...

I encourage anyone with even a remote interest or knowledge of the various
pieces to add comments/suggestions (and of course patches!) to the various Jira
issues as appropriate.

If nothing else, people looking for a good "project" to tackle could pick up one
of these Jira issues and run with it...

Army