db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Looking for framework for performance testing for derby..
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:22:23 GMT
Sunitha Kambhampati wrote:
> Currently we do not have performance tests for derby (except for the 2
> tests in ..tests/perf).    It will be nice addition to have performance
> tests checked in, that anyone can run.

+1

I think it would be good if the performance tests could utilize the
JUnit work, so that, for example, getting connections is handled in a
single way, allowing the performance tests to run with J2ME,
DriverManager, DataSource, single leg of an XA transaction etc.

If the performance test was also a Junit test then they possibly could
serve double duty as a function test. Always good to know that commits
did not break the functionality that performance tests require. :-)

Dan.