db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Fernanda Pizzorno <Fernanda.Pizzo...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Converting LOB related tests to Junit
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:58:26 GMT
Sunitha Kambhampati wrote:
> Fernanda Pizzorno wrote:
>
>> I have started converting LOB related tests to Junit. The aim with
>> this is to document the coverage of the LOB related tests. I am
>> interested in finding out: (1) what is being tested, (2) what is the
>> LOB size used to test with (I have divided that into 3 categories
>> Small, Medium and Large), and (3) which of the drivers (Embedded
>> and/or Client) is being tested.
>>
>> I have created a wiki page to keep track of which of the tests have
>> already been converted and had its coverage documented. This wiki
>> page can be found at:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ConvertLobTestsToJunit. I have used
>> jdbcapi/lobStreams.java as an example of how I thought of documenting
>> the test coverage.
>
> Thanks much Fernanda for starting this effort.
>
> I looked at the lobStreams  testCoverage pdf file and it looks good.
> How about we also have a similar page to just document which tests
> cover which api for blobs/clobs -- maybe a similar table can be used
> to just note the test class that tests the api. That way, it might be
> easy to tell which apis/area needs more testing and and that would
> encourage us to add new tests :)
>
> Thanks,
> Sunitha.
Hi Sunitha,

I thought that once we have reports like the one in
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/LobStreamsTestCoverage for each of the
tests, it would be easy to make a table like the one you suggested. But
maybe updating both tables at the same time will take less time. Thank
you for the suggestion :).

Fernanda