db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Converting LOB related tests to Junit
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:02:05 GMT
 From the store side it is interesting to test lob's that are either
smaller than a page or larger than a page - these will go through
2 separate code paths.  So it would be nice if the
new tests included these boundaries.  Safest would probably be to
include a 1000 byte/char lob and a 100k blob.

After that there seem to be 2 interesting boundaries:
o a lob bigger than available memory to the jvm, to test whether lob
   is getting instantiated in memory or not.  Hopefully at some point
   we will ge to the point where this never happens but I don't think
   we are there yet - especially for network server case.

o the max size lob (i forget if it is 2 gig or 2 gig-1).  This test
   may want to be separate as it may require resources that some
developers won't have.