db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Converting LOB related tests to Junit
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:00:19 GMT
Fernanda Pizzorno wrote:

> I have started converting LOB related tests to Junit. The aim with
> this is to document the coverage of the LOB related tests. I am
> interested in finding out: (1) what is being tested, (2) what is the
> LOB size used to test with (I have divided that into 3 categories
> Small, Medium and Large), and (3) which of the drivers (Embedded
> and/or Client) is being tested.
>
> I have created a wiki page to keep track of which of the tests have
> already been converted and had its coverage documented. This wiki page
> can be found at:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ConvertLobTestsToJunit. I have used
> jdbcapi/lobStreams.java as an example of how I thought of documenting
> the test coverage.

Thanks much Fernanda for starting this effort.

I looked at the lobStreams  testCoverage pdf file and it looks good.
How about we also have a similar page to just document which tests cover
which api for blobs/clobs -- maybe a similar table can be used to just
note the test class that tests the api. That way, it might be easy to
tell which apis/area needs more testing and and that would encourage us
to add new tests :)

Thanks,
Sunitha.