db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: junit.jar can't be included without src NOTICE (was Re: OK to ship junit.jar?)
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:57:42 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> I have checked in a fix (DERBY-1886) which removes junit.jar from the
> source distributions. I'd rather not spin a new release candidate.
> Instead, I was hoping that the following would be adequate:
>
> 1) Hand-remove junit.jar from the source distributions for 10.2.1.5.
>
> 2) Re-sign those distributions.
>
> Does this sound adequate?

-0

It may be ok in this case but it is not a good example to set. This
means the release is inconsistent, which can be viewed in two ways:
   - the source code within the release would not reproduce the same
binaries as in the release
   - picking up the code from svn directly using the svn revision number
in the release will not lead to the same binaries.

Is the problem with re-building the releases that it takes a long time
or includes a number of steps that are not automated? I thought from
previous releases the release signing seemed to be the most problematic
part, which needs to be done in this case anyway. If there are problems
with building a release then are there Jira entries for addressing them?

Thanks,
Dan.