db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: error 58009.C.19 - secktn vs. sectkn
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:01:32 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> So...I think the error message should get changed to sectkn.
> Should it also get changed in the Brazilian messages? And modified in
> the manual re error messages?
> And, should it be uppercase because that seems to be how things are
> done in the DRDA spec?

Those all seem like good suggestions to me. Arguably we could say
"Security Token" rather than the cryptic "sectkn", but ordinary users
aren't going to find that much more helpful, although they might have
a better chance of guessing it's security-related. I think it's best, when
the problems are tied directly to DRDA protocol issues, to try to
match the DRDA spec very closely, as that is where the sleuths will
have to look for further information.

thanks,

bryan