db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Important change to the policy governing the 10.2 branch.
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 21:11:25 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>
>> I have wrapped up the last mega-merge from the trunk to the 10.2 branch.
>

> Thanks Rick, for do all the merges, saves everyone else time.
> From the information in DERBY-1725, it seems the ending points
> (inclusive) were:
>
> Code - 448900 - 2006-09-22 05:18:15 -0700
> Docs - 448987 - 2006-09-22 09:46:58 -0700
>
> It's a little strange that the end points are different in time, there
> are two additional commits to the code in those intervening four and a
> half hours. In this case I guess there's not an major issue because
> the latest doc and code changes are independent. Obviously if the doc
> changes were related to recent code changes or vice-versa the ending
> merge points would need to be in sync.

I agree, it's odd. It's too bad that the repository branches into doc
and code lines above the release fork. It would be nice to branch a
release in one transaction with a single copy command rather than with
the two required today.

> DERBY-1862 is one of the missing changes (448949 & 448948), it can
> show a 30-40% improvement in performance for some queries, maybe
> especially when running with hibernate. Any chance of adding these
> last two changes for the release candidate?

Fortunately, you caught me just before I bumped the version id! I have
merged in this change and am rebuilding the release candidate.

Regards,
-Rick